My Teeth are On Fleek
I actually hate the phrase "on fleek" when used in daily conversation, but I couldn't think of a better, cheesy title for this post about my experience with Fleek Teeth Whitening!
When I was a teenager, I seriously loved Crest Whitestrips. I used them up until my wedding at age 22, and then I ditched them because I couldn't stomach the chemicals involved or the sensitivity my teeth experienced after using them. I knew they were terrible for me, but I really wanted that white smile.
I had heard about laser whitening, but when Fleek approached me about collaborating, I was hesitant at first. However, they reassured me that their products are plant and mineral based, and the laser experience is much different than the trays you'd often use in the dentist's office. I'm not claiming that laser whitening is the healthiest thing in the world because it still involved altering a part of your body, but it is the healthiest whitening procedure I have found! Additionally, the gel they put on your teeth removes stains and strengthens the enamel, so that is a bonus.
And now, time for the FAQs! Fleek is just opening their location in Denver, and here is a little bit about my experience:
- There is no pain during the procedure. I had a little bit of sensitivity the first night, but nothing terrible!
- The treatment is done in 3 twenty minute sessions, so I was in and out of my appointment in 90 minutes, when you factor in the time in between sessions and talking.
- I just scrolled through my phone and answered emails while it was happening because you have to lie pretty still.
- You can only eat white foods for the first 24 hours. I was silly and planned my appointment for a Friday, which made dinner and my event at a brewery the next day a little bit dull. So, pick a week day that you don't have much going on, and be ready to avoid coffee, red wine, blueberries, etc.
- The difference is noticeable immediately, and I'm sure it varies on the starting color of your teeth. I had pretty white teeth going into it, but I definitely walked away with a better result!
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, and if you're local, check them out!