Clean Eating Apple Pie Oatmeal
If there is one recipe I make without fail, it's my clean Apple Pie Oatmeal. I crafted this recipe about 4 years ago because, while I have a love of oats, the pre-boxed ones are usually trash and full of sugar. I wanted the source of healthy carbs because my body does fine with oats and quality grains, but I also wanted a bowl full of protein and healthy fats. This recipe contains no added sugar, and it can be modified to include any ingredients that you love! It will keep you full for hours because of the fiber in the flaxseed, the protein in the nut butter, and the fat from the coconut oil.
- 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- cinnamon and nutmeg OR a sprinkle of Sprouts Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- If not using Purely Elizabeth Oats, add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed for fiber.
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (NuttZo Power Fuel pictured here)
- 1/2 apple (or sub any other fruit)
- Combine the oats, spices, coconut oil, and nuts.
- Cover with almond milk and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. If using steel cut oats, combine the other ingredients once the oats are fully cooked.
- Stir in the tablespoon of nut butter and top with fruit!